Street Lighting

Antique Streetlights

The Town owns and maintains all Antique streetlights located in Shawsheen Village and the Downtown Business District. Please call 978-623-8702 to report any problems.

Cobra Head Streetlights

The typical “Cobra Head” street light on wooden poles all over town are owned by the Town of Andover and are maintained by Coviello Electric of North Reading. If a streetlight is out or broken please report it by filling in the details in the form below then clicking "Submit Report". If you do not know or cannot see the pole number you can use our Streetlight Pole Number Lookup Tool.  You may also report streetlight issues to Coviello Electric by calling them at 1-800-365-1691. They typically repair it within 10 days.

The Cobra Headlights that are on metal poles in most cases are still owned by National Grid. There are not many of these. Most are located along North Main Street. If you notice an issue with one of these lights, call National Grid at 1-800-322-3223.

Utility Pole Problems

All wooden and metal poles in Andover are owned and maintained by National Grid. If you have an issue with a pole itself, not the light, please call National Grid at 1-800-322-3223.

For all emergency calls, please call Andover Police Department by dialing 978-623-3500 or dialing 9-1-1.


If you still have questions regarding a streetlight or pole please call the Facilities Department at 978-623-8702.

Report an Outage

To report a streetlight outage in Andover, please fill out the form below and click submit. Please include the pole number. If you do not know the pole number or do not see it on the pole, you can use the Streetlight Pole Number Lookup Tool.