Alcoholic Beverages Licenses
ONE DAY LIQUOR LICENSE (SPECIAL LICENSE)
In the case of events held by private residents, outside of their private residence, a One Day Liquor License is required if ANY of the following apply to the event:
- The event is open to the public
- Money is exchanged for alcohol
- Tickets are sold
- A donation is required or solicited
- An entrance fee is charged
In the case of events held by a business or charity, it is at the determination of the Licensing Agent whether a One Day Liquor License is required. This determination is based upon the location of the event, the purpose of the event, who is invited to the event, what fees are charged for the event, and other relevant information.
For more detailed information regarding One Day Liquor Licenses and to apply, please click the link below.
ApplYING for a New ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES License
- All alcohol pouring licenses
- Wine & malt only pouring licenses
- All alcohol package store licenses
- Wine & malt only package store licenses
The Commonwealth of Massachusetts grants a specific number of each license type to the Town of Andover, and in some cases the available license may be tied to a specific area of town. To learn more about availability and to request an application, please contact the Town Clerk's Office.
APPLYING TO AMEND an Existing ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES License
There may come a time when it is necessary to amend an existing Alcoholic Beverages License. If any of the following changes pertain to your business, you must submit an application to the Town Clerk's Office for approval from both the Select Board and the ABCC. To find detailed information regarding the application process for each transaction, please click on the title below. A link to the forms required by the ABCC is listed under the heading ADDITIONAL LINKS at the bottom of this page.
- Change of Manager
- Transfer of License
- Change of Location
- Alteration of Licensed Premises
- Change of Officer/Directors/LLC Managers
- Change of Corporate Name
- Change of Ownership Interest
- Issuance/Transfer of Stock/New Stockholder
- Change of Corporate Structure
- Pledge of Collateral