The Town Clerk’s Office is responsible for the administration, issuance, and oversight of licenses in the Town of Andover.  This includes the service and sale of alcoholic beverages, operation of restaurants, seasonal outdoor dining and retail, entertainment and automatic amusement devices, motor vehicle dealers, lodging houses, and secondhand goods/junk. 

The Select Board and Town Manager are the local licensing authority with all powers to grant, suspend, or revoke licenses and permits. 

Below is a list of the licenses administered and issued by the Town Clerk’s Office:

For further information regarding each license, please visit the respective page linked above or contact the Licensing Agent at the Town Clerk’s Office. Her contact information is listed below.

Vanessa French
 Assistant Town Clerk


Town of Andover Licensing Fees
Massachusetts General Law, Chapter 140