Bald Hill Compost Site
Closes for the 2020 Season on December 5thThe Bald Hill Compost Site will close for the 2020 season at 4pm on Saturday, December 5th, weather permitting.
Hours of Operation:
Wednesdays and Fridays: Open 12:00 pm – 3:00 pm
Saturdays and Sundays: Open 8:00 am – 4:00 pm
Permits Required - Residents of Andover Only
- A self-addressed stamped envelope, and
- A copy of the Vehicle Registration, and
- $24 for a one year permit
- $72 for a three-year permit
- A check made out to the “Town of Andover”
Town of Andover - Bald Hill Permits
5 Campanelli Drive
Andover, MA 01810
Permits are issued by the Public Works and Facilities Departments.
The vehicle registration number will be printed on the sticker when issued.
The sticker must be affixed to the lower corner of the windshield on the driver's side.
- The Bald Hill Compost Facility is fenced off to prevent illegal dumping
- Residents can take compost loaded by hand into their vehicles for their own private use
- If the vehicle is sold, or the windshield is replaced, the sticker must be removed and returned before a new sticker can be issued
- Violations, such as using stickers on other vehicles could result in loss of privileges
- Illegal dumping is subject to fines up to $10,000
- A Permit is required to drop off leaves and grass clippings as well as to pick up compost
- The compost site accepts grass clippings, leaves, green garden waste and now accepts
woody yard waste as outlined in the following guidelines:
Maximumdiameter of six (6) inches
- Maximum length of four (4) feet
- Must not contain cables, cable anchors, nails or any other metal objects
- You are responsible for removing the materials from your vehicle
- No plastic bags allowed