Zoning Board of Appeals
- View Archived ZBA Meeting Videos
- Topsail Addiction Treatment Facility in Wilmington, MA - similar to the one proposed at 140 HAVERHILL ST, ANDOVER, MA
- 140 Haverhill St ZBA Application
- 140 Haverhill St - site plan
- 140 Haverhill St - Traffic Study
- 140 Haverhill St - traffic study peer review
- 140 Haverhill St - Andover Planning Board decision
- 140 Haverhill St - applicant's project summary
- 140 Haverhill St - Andover Police Officer Ota's email re: traffic
- 140 Haverhill St - Attorney Bobrowski response to Attorney Flannagan 8-29-22
- Town Counsel Memo - Reasonable Accommodation
- 140 Haverhill St - Concerns from Ciro Mello
10/6/22 - ZBA Regular Monthly Meeting - 6:30 pm - The Hall at MEMORIAL HALL LIBRARY, 2 N. MAIN ST, ANDOVER
11/3/22 - 6:30 pm (Regular Monthly Meeting, Select Board Conference Room, 3rd Floor, Town Offices, 36 Bartlet St.)
12/1/22 - 6:30 pm (Regular Monthly Meeting, Select Board Conference Room, 3rd Floor, Town Offices, 36 Bartlet St.)
*Meeting dates for the entire year can be found in the 'ZBA Filing Fees & Filing Deadlines 2022' under 'Resources' in the lower right side of this page.
Meetings are posted with the Town Clerk & online at least 48 hours in advance.
Please refer to the official public meeting notice for the date, time and location of each meeting, as they are subject to change.
REGULAR MONTHLY MEETINGS:
- 1st Thursday of every month
- 6:30 p.m.
- Select Board Conference Room, 3rd Floor, Town Offices, 36 Bartlet Street, Andover
- Date, Time and Location are subject to change
- Verify Public Meeting Notice posted online & at Town Clerk's Office
- View Archived ZBA Meeting Videos
MEETING PARTICIPATION GUIDELINES:
- You must state your name and address as part of the public hearing process.
- During a pubic hearing, the Chair will invite the public to ask questions, make comments & voice concern, opposition or support. If another member of the public has asked the same question or made the same comment, we respectfully request that you assist the ZBA in running an efficient meeting by refraining from repeating what has already been said.
- VIEW LIVE on Andover TV's live stream: https://andover.vod.castus.tv/vod/?live=ch3&nav=live
- Watch on Comcast Channel 22* or Verizon Channel 45*
- *Channels are subject to change based on the broadcasters' schedule. Please verify on the broadcasters' channel the night of the meeting for the most accurate information.
- Check Andover TV, Verizon & Comcast schedules for replay days & times
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
View Most Recent Agendas and Minutes
Zoning Board Decisions
Per Mass. General Law Chapter 40A, Section 11, decisions are recorded at the Northern Essex Registry of Deeds and can be found here: Northern Essex Registry of Deeds
Members are appointed by the Board of Selectmen to three-year terms. Five regular members and four associate members serve without pay.
About the Board
The Andover Zoning Board of Appeals is authorized to function under the General Laws of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts Chapters 40A and 40B, as well as the Andover Zoning Bylaw (Article VIII). The Board issues special permits, grants variances and comprehensive permits, and hears appeals from decisions of the Building Commissioner or other administrative officer.
Public hearings of the Board are held as the result of applications in the following areas:
- By a person aggrieved by the decision of the Building Inspector or other administrative officer (Massachusetts General Law, Chapter 40A, Section 13).
- For a Comprehensive Permit pursuant to M.G.L. Chapter 40B to construct affordable housing within the Town of Andover.
- For a special permit under the Zoning Bylaw.
- For a variance from the requirements of the Zoning Bylaw.
(see Quick Links below)