Planning & Economic Development
Take the Downtown Andover Placemaking Initiative Survey!
The Town of Andover wants to improve walking, driving and parking behind the Old Town Hall along Barnard, Bartlet and Park Streets. The goal is to accommodate parking while creating a new destination in the heart of downtown Andover.
Please help the Town transform this space into something special!
Take the Survey at
Visit the Downtown Andover Placemaking Initiative Website!
2018-2023 Merrimack Valley Comprehensive Economic Development Strategy DRAFT
Park Playstead Master Plan:
See the Park/Playstead Survey Results: https://www.ppmcmasterplan.com/
Let's Reinvent the Downtown! Take the Public Participation Survey Here: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/MWW2V7M
Parking Changes are Coming!
The Planning Board 's duties include reviewing certain proposed development projects in Town and making decisions on them in accordance with state and local bylaws. Planning Board members have a variety of backgrounds and volunteer to serve on the Board. They are assisted by a professional staff that work in the Planning Division at the Town Offices during the day.Link to page
Find Andover economic development resources and links.Link to page
Andover Historic Mill District
Learn more about programs created to facilitate controlled economic development by establish specific zoning requirements and design standards for redevelopment within the Historic Mill District.Link to page
Redevelopment of Lewis Street Town Yard
Find current and archived documentation and information regarding the redevelopment of the Lewis Street Town Yard Site.Link to page
The mission of Andover’s Geographic Information System (GIS) program is to provide Town-wide spatial information for mapping and analyzing data about our community.Link to page
The purpose of the Andover Housing Partnership Committee is to address affordability issues in Andover by developing recommendations for the Selectmen which take into consideration all means available for making Andover more affordable to current and future generations.Link to page
Planning Board DecisionsLink to page
- What is the Planning Board?
- Why did I receive a notice in the mail from the Planning Board?
- How can I find out more about a proposed project that is before the Planning Board?
- How often does the Planning Board meet, and what should I expect at the public hearing?
- How do I get in touch with the Planning Board to make my concerns known if I cannot attend the Planning Board meeting?
- Why didn't the Planning Board respond to my email or letter?
- What happens after a public hearing is closed?
- Will I be notified of the decision of the Planning Board?