Common Victualler Licenses

Common Victualler Licenses are governed by Massachusetts General Law c. 140.  

Every food service establishment with the capabilities for cooking, preparing, and serving food and which provides seating for the immediate consumption therein, is required to have a Common Victualler License.

Common Victualler License Application Requirements:

  • Town of Andover General License Application
  • Common Victualler License Application Addendum
  • Business Certificate (NOTE: This can be obtained from the Town Clerk’s Office)
  • Criminal Offender Record Information (CORI) Acknowledgement Form
  • Tax Form
  • Worker’s Compensation Affidavit 
  • Copy of worker’s compensation policy declaration page

Upon prior approval from the Police Department, Fire Department, Health Department, Building Department, and Town Treasurer, a Common Victualler License application requires final approval of the Town Manager, as Licensing Authority. Once approved, this license is subject to an annual renewal by December 31st of each calendar year.

The fee for this license is $75.00.

To apply for a Common Victualler License, please click the link below.
Common Victualler License Application


Massachusetts General Law, Chapter 140